Friday 23 March 2007

Billy Thorpes Tribute Memorial Service Reflections

Reflections
Hello and Welcome to Reflections.
It is Wednesday morning 28th February 2007 at approx 7 am here in Sydney Australia.

I had set my alarm to wake my son Mitchell to get him up for TAFE.I did my normal and took my dogs outside for the bathroom, put the jug on to make my morning coffee and then I turned on the TV to our morning news and what I saw and heard I thought I was hearing and seeing things.

I heard of the passing of the music legend Billy Thorpe who had passed away at about 2-30am from a heart attack.

I looked up many TV News and Billy Thorpe websites to find out about his passing in the hope to find as much information as I could; I was also keeping a vigil on the news and websites to keep up to date.

I was shocked as I knew many others were to hear of his untimely death.That night I had this inspiration as I normally do when something is needed to be done to make a room on Paltalk as a tribute/memorial to him.

Also while I had been thinking about it, someone that knows me well mentioned I should do a room for him.

So now I was going to make my room into the tribute room on a chat program called Paltalk for Billy Thorpe.

I thought long and hard about it, as to what I was going to do for the world's greatest legend in the music industry, how I was going to do this; I had to make a website, I had to send emails out to the radio stations and to everyone on my email list, also my Paltalk friends list.

Then I remembered what was told to me last year when I did the 2006 Online Troops Christmas Concert, that before I do a special room again for me to notify the Paltalk administrators and they may consider supporting this special room I was creating.

So first of all I asked a Paltalk support person who in turn asked a Paltalk administrator about the room.My room being Heart Of Hush And Her Featured Performers InConcert on Paltalk is just a normal room which in colour and quality is known as a black room and holds 200 people.

Paltalk gave my room the a bility to be a green room which can hold up to 1000 and have it featured in the Paltalk list. I also had many Paltalk Red Hats(workers of Paltalk).

I was extremely happy and above all most appreciative of Paltalk and there support.


I also asked a long time friend who is a Paltalk tech person (worker of Paltalk) if he would do the honors of being our master of ceremonies for the day/night of the room.

I asked some friends if they could help out in the room for the night.So I set out to make the website, send out my emails and messages.


I also asked many people if they knew of Billy Thorpe and if they had heard the sad news, then to find a shock horror that most of them I asked about Billy Thorpe they had no idea who he was or even that he lived in USA for many many years and was very successful with the sale of records and sellout concerts.

One person said that their mother watched what they listened to, like there was something so wrong with his music and in fact it puts me and many of us down for listening to his music by the comment.

Further comment was made there being of 12 years difference as an excuse, I actually found many people from all ages that loved Billys music, from teens of now a days to mothers/fathers and yes grandparents. I had no idea you had to be a certain age to like music. And his music was good not bad.To me finding excuses are easy for others.


Please read the following information I had found on THE INTERNET.

In 1979 Thorpe signed a US deal with American producer Spencer Proffer and recorded the ambitious science fiction/rock opera concept album Children Of The Future, which achieved Top 20 status in America, selling 500,000 copies. The follow-up album 21st Century Man also gained a US gold record.



In 1979 he release his first American recorded, solo album in the USA entitled "Children Of The Sun". The album shot into the top twenty and career number 4 was well under way. Between 1979 and 1983 he released 3 more albums in the USA which all went top forty and he played to sold out shows in arenas all over the United States. His face appeared on the cover of the leading music magazines of the time, including the prestigious music industry trades Cashbox and Billboard.

Billy Thorpe also did quite a lot of charity work, see enclosed information from THE INTERNET.

"Talent gathers to aid tsunami victims"When Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs played the Myer Music Bowl in 1972, 250,000 people turned up. While he's not expecting those numbers at the bowl for the Melbourne Tsunami Concert later this month, he says it will be just as thrilling to help raise money for victims of Asia's the tsunami disaster.

Thorpe will be re-forming the original "Sunbury era" Aztecs to play alongside Cold Chisel, a re-formed Daddy Cool, Willie Nelson, Taj Mahal, Michael Franti and Spearhead, and Richard Clapton at the benefit on February 27.

The show, running on the second day of the Melbourne International Music Festival and co-presented by The Sunday Age and The Sunday Herald-Sun, is expected to attract about 25,000 people and raise more than $1 million.

He was in fact known world wide as one the greatest legends since Johnny O'keefe.I wonder how many USA people know him now .I truly hope they broaden there knowledge of people we live with in our every day lives.

Paying respect shouldn't be such a hard thing to do even if you don't know the person that passed away, to me being kind is the easiest thing I can do and I do it every day of my life.

Well anywaysI was very nervous as I wasn't sure if we would get a good turn up of people. So I set out to notify as many rooms as possible of this Paltalk supported room and tribute to a great legend the night before and into the next morningIn doing so some rooms helped me by letting there guests know about this special event and sadly many people and rooms called me a liar.


A nasty person (Bay - -) said they never heard of Billy Thorpe's passing on there news so why should she believe me, I did suggest nicely at first to her to go look it up but she more or less called me a liar in the room.

Then when I visited another room all the admins and room guests pretty much called me a liar too saying if Paltalk is really supporting this room then they will tell them.I was shocked and hurt by all these people and I really couldn't understand why they was all being so darn nasty and rude.

Well I hope those nasty ignorant people are now eating there words because you see coincidentally I had the room owner in the room participating with us, sharing with us her music. I do hope she tells them all, that she saw and heard that Paltalk did in fact support/donate the room.

But sissy_31 I want to say "Thank You" for believing in me and my honesty, I truly thank you ever so much.

And also everyone else that did come into the room and enjoy the night/day with us.
We had many guests and visitors come into the room.

456 visitors came through our doors so to speak over the nine(9)hours of it being open.

We had all these people come in to sit and listen even for a short time or longer.Many memories were shared and I am sure many tears along the way, one of our guests made the comment "What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon" and they were right.

We all enjoyed each others company and learning from each other along the way.Many comments were made of Billys concerts that people had attended.

People listened and took in the moment.Thank you to everyone that forwarded the emails and my many offline text messages about this room.I "Thank You" all ever so much from the bottom of my heart.

As you know the room was pre advertised it would be recorded, with room text and images of our guests would be saved to be added to the website.

Well that has been achieved as scheduled as you will see on the enclosed website.
There is a page titled Tribute-Memorial-Recordings it has 98 files that was recorded from the nine (9) hours we spent in the room.

The text of everyone's comments/memories from the room is on the same page for you to read at your leisure.

All the images that was saved from the room on the day/night is on the following page Tribute-Memorial-Guests.

I will also be sending the CD with recordings, text, images to Billy Thorpe's manager Michael Chugg and family as was mentioned on the website and in the room.I will also be asking them if there is anything they wish to be removed from the website or if I am violating any copyrights.

I have been asked why did Billy Die and why did he have to go now.I am going to try and answer that persons question here.

Well we know most of the reason being he suffered a heart attack, I guess Billy didn't listen to the warnings his body was giving him, and he was a constant worker, who worked his body hard and fast. The concerts, His Charity work, His family, friends, fans.

There is only so much your body can take before it says hey I need a rest but Billy being Billy he didn't listen.

This is gods way of saying Billy its time for you to rest, you have achieved so much in your 60 years of a wonderful and adventurous life time.

You have given the world so much of you, and they have so much to remember of you.

You have done what was needed of you.

You have left something behind just waiting to be released to the world as one of the last achievements you had been successful at doing once again.

Your latest CDThere are reasons that we pass and you need to find out why for yourself, I know why we pass do you.

But its time.

I am hurt to know that the people on Paltalk don't believe in me even after I proved myself with the troop's concert I did with the help of some special people..

I didn't know any of the troops but I still took the time to give them something for Christmas.

Sadly people said to me I don't know (Billy Thorpe) and they didn't even bother.

So this maybe the last room I do, I shouldn't have to prove to people again that I DO and DID speak the truth and yes I know 99% of people in this world and on chat rooms speak with a FALSE tongue, but hey news flash….I DO SPEAK WITH A WHITE TONGUE. And I did speak the truth.

I do have something final to say, while I was writing this page I would take a break from writing, to do my thinking, well I asked some questions and this is what I asked.

How many times do we give people chances when they lie to us?I feel like an idiot and a sucker for punishment because they don't even respect me enough not to lie to me.

Well it was mentioned to me that I needed to stop being a doormat.So I looked it up and what I found was, a website of questions I was to ask myself.So If I seem to you as though I have changed, yes I am changing, I'm not a doormat.

I have many people to say Thank You to for helping with Billy Thorpes Online Tribute Memorial Service.

Paltalk-Donating the special qualities to make my room so successful(Paltalk Administrators- Paltalk Support-Paltalk Tech All workers from Paltalk)

Tron- Master Of Ceremonies

Topaz- Paltalk

Paltalk Admin A

Voiceee Of Angelll-Room Admin

Willie8532-Room Admin

Toosure- Room Admin

29 FAN- Room Admin

And all our 456 guests/Visitors that came through our doors.Room owners for allowing me to advertise this special day/night in there room.

It is good when we can work together and not apart from each other.

I truly hope you all have had a wonderful and most memorable time in the room and you enjoy reading the website.

Not so much this page but the other pages.

Good Luck with everything you do and to the artists believe in yourself as I believe in YOU.

Get off your butts, get out there and let the world hear your wonderful talent that god gave you.

Hugssssssssssssss God BlessHeart Of Hush